When QuickBooks won’t open, it becomes really difficult or sometimes impossible for users, especially business owners, to maintain their accounting. They depend on QuickBooks, and any such issue must be resolved as soon as possible to get things back on track. Since there are several aspects to QuickBooks, a problem in any single or more than one aspect can lead to such issues. It can happen due to issues in the company files, problems in the software itself, firewall and 3rd party applications restrictions, and many more. Since there are so many reasons why this happens, the troubleshooting methods vary a lot. However, in this article, we have shortlisted the basic steps that are most likely to help you deal with this problem.
Does your QuickBooks software not open, and do you need quick assistance with that? Get in touch with us at 1-855-856-0042, and members from our Technical Support team will guide you immediately.
What could possibly be behind your QuickBooks software not opening?
There could actually be numerous reasons behind your QuickBooks software not opening, but here are some of the main ones:-
- Your firewall settings or other third-party application settings might be restrictive for QuickBooks.
- Your company files for QuickBooks might have undergone extreme damage or corruption.
- The QuickBooks software itself might have been through corruption or damaged.
- When you install QuickBooks, you might have used a faulty installation file.
Recommended to read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057
What steps can you take to open QuickBooks without errors
In order to open QuickBooks without any errors, the below-mentioned steps can be taken:-
To address problems in company files, launch the file doctor tool
In order to address problems in the company files using the file doctor tool, the below-given steps should be implemented:-
- First, look for the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub on the official website of Intuit and download it to your computer.
- Then, install the downloaded file and access its section for company file issues.
- Now, from the section, launch the file doctor tool to address problems in company files.
- Once the tool runs through, see if you can open QuickBooks without errors now.
Make QuickBooks an exception in the windows firewall of your computer.
In order to make QuickBooks an exception in the windows firewall, the below-given steps should be implemented:-
- Access the advanced settings of your windows firewall from the start menu on your computer.
- Perform a right-click on the inbound rule option and then select Program.
- Now, after selecting this programme route, find and select all QuickBooks program files.
- Enable connectivity for all QuickBooks files and make sure to mark all their profiles.
- Now create a rule QBFirewallException to make an exception for QuickBooks in the windows firewall.
- Repeat the same process for the outbound rule now instead of the inbound rule.
These are the steps you can take when QuickBooks won’t open on your computer. Such issues could have multiple causes, and thus you should be aware of how to keep them in check. It would be helpful if you identify the cause before beginning to troubleshoot. If the issue persists, give us a quick call at 1-855-856-0042 for immediate assistance from our technical staff.